Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What about Altec 1593A Amplifiers ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Horn Savant's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2008
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What about Altec 1593A Amplifiers ?

    What do these sound like ? What are they designed for - PA? HI FI?
    How good is response of that big output transformer ?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What about Altec 1593A Amplifiers ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Horn Savant View Post
    What do these sound like ? What are they designed for - PA? HI FI?
    How good is response of that big output transformer ?
    They were for theaters, churches, whatever....... pro-sound. I think the 1593, and 1594 are supposed to be better suited to HiFi than the 1590. You've also got A, B, and C versions. I beleive you'd really want a B or C. I'm also not sure if the 1593A has the same funkiness as the 1594A does with some sort of positive ground, but I don't really know what it really means any way.

    Hopefully, someone else can fill in all the blanks I just threw out.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.